Skin Needling- Skin Pen
Roll back the years with SkinPen Micro Needling
SkinPen is a medical micro-needling device. Micro-needling is a form of collagen induction therapy, using tiny needles to stimulate the body’s natural wound healing response. In this response, new tissue & skin cells are formed, producing significant improvements to the tone & texture of the skin.
Benefits of Skin Needling
- Stimulates cell multiplication and collagen remodelling.
- Harmonises pigmentation, melasma or age spots.
- Breaks down scar tissue to repair acne scarring or surgical scars.
- Harmonises pigmentation and discolouration.
- The treatment can be performed at different depths to target specific problem areas.
- Minimal downtime required after the treatment compared to other rejuvenation treatments.
How does Skin Needling Work?
Skin Needling uses a medical device to break down old scar tissue and to stimulate skin cells to proliferate. The cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibres (neo-collagenesis) as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply (neo-angiogenesis). Your body will start to naturally regenerate the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. New skin cells are generated & blood supply is enhanced.
How long before I see results?
It will only take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration are seen & the process will continue over the following months, providing you with a gradual & long lasting enhancement.
Can Skin Needling be performed on any skin colour & type?
As SkinPen does not use any active ingredients or laser/light therapy, it is a recommended treatment for sensitive skins, darker skin tones and acne. And there is no risk of post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation.